Simple Ways To Add Elegant French Country Coastal Fall Decor To Your Dining Room – French Country Coastal Fall Decorating Ideas and Inspiration – French Coastal Decor – Coastal Grandmother Aesthetics
Hello Sweet Friends,
Can you believe that it’s already Fall? Well, officially the Fall season doesn’t start until September 22nd but that hasn’t stopped me from getting a jumpstart on my Fall decorating. And I must say…I’m loving the Elegant French Country Coastal Fall Dining Room decor!
See how I blended my late Summer decor and early Fall decor here.
Tons of Fall Decorating Ideas and Inspiration at Your Fingertips!
Today, a few of my talented friends and I are teaming up for the Fall Is In The Air blog hop and you’re invited to tag along! Some of the Fall decorating ideas and inspiration you’ll discover on the blog hop are tablescapes, fireplace mantel decor, porch decor, dining sideboard and hutch decor, and more. We have everything from Neutral Fall Decor to Traditional Fall Decor, so you’re sure to see something that you’ll love!
If you’re coming over from Susan at Hen and Horse Design, welcome! I’m so happy you’re here! I absolutely love how she’s decorated her mantel in traditional Fall colors, don’t you? Susan always has the prettiest seasonal styling ideas.
So What Exactly Is French Country Coastal Fall Decorating?
French Country Coastal Fall Decorating is a mixture of two design styles – French Country and Coastal – with some Fall decor accents. Both design styles have very similar soothing color palettes in soft shades of blue, green, cream, white, taupe, and greige. You’ll also find stained and painted furniture pieces, weathered and patina finishes on both furniture and decor items, slip covers, and nature-inspired elements used in both design styles.
In my opinion, French Country Design Style and Coastal Design Style are the perfect pairing for the reasons mentioned above.
(1) The best dining room hutch decor is carefully planned & curated. Tell a story with your composition. For example: My hutch decor is telling a French Country Coastal Fall Story by using items that have a French Country feel with a nod towards Coastal mixed with Fall decor.
(2) Use the 6 Basic Principles of Interior Design – Balance, Rhythm, Harmony, Emphasis, Repetition, and Proportion & Scale – to create the most pleasing composition.
(3) Use unexpected items of hutch shelves, like this framed pastel painting or the Fall foliage.
(4) Mix metals & other finishes (textured, smooth, Etc.).
(5) Edit! Edit! Edit! I find taking a photo to be helpful because the camera “Sees” what we can’t! I then eliminate the distractions.
(6) Use a limited color palette for the most pleasing composition.
Fun Facts: I painted this French Country Garden artwork nearly 25 years ago and it won 2nd place in an art exhibit.
French Country Coastal Fall Dining Room Hutch Decor
Pumpkins Under a Cloche
Easy DIY French Country Crocks (Tutorial Coming Soon)
Entry/Dining Room Hall Chest Set With Fall Decor
Fun Fact: I painted this Magnolia artwork a little over 20 years ago.
That’s a Wrap On My French Country Coastal Fall Dining Room Decor
Well, this about wraps up my French Country Coastal Fall Dining Room decor. I’m so happy you’ve stopped by today and hope you visit again soon!
Next up on the Fall Is In The Air blog hop is Nicolle with Our Tiny Nest. You’re going to love her Fall Porch!
Be sure to check out all of the other talented ladies on this FALL IS IN THE AIR blog hop too:
TOP ROW: (1) Kristy Mastrandonas Interior Design & Styling; (2) Our Tiny Nest; (3) Sweet Valley Acres; and (4) Tracy’s Haven
BOTTOM ROW: (1) Trueman’s Treasures; (2) Jenny Wren Design; (3) Sonata Home Design; and (4) Hen and Horse Design