1. Harmonize the design of your outdoor space with the style of your home.
2. Bring your indoor style outdoors.
3. Mixing & matching furniture (ex: iron & wicker) is a great way to add your personal flavor, but be careful not to have too many different styles going on.
4. Create a view to die for! A spectacular view from the inside will draw you outdoors more.
5. Add water elements if space and budget permits (ex: pool, koi pond, or water fall). It’s amazing how the gentle sound of trickling water can be so soothing.
6. Use native plants in the garden and containers.
7. Select the best outdoor furniture you can afford.
8. Find inspiration in Shelter magazines.
9. Plant an herb garden near the dining area. Not only will they add a nice aroma to the space, but you’ll have a fresh supply to use in cooking.
10. Make it personal and keep it comfy!
Love, love, love these outdoor spaces below.
Ready to create an outdoor oasis in your backyard? Need inspiration…look around, it’s everywhere! Need an Outdoor Design Plan? We’d be happy to help!